- The soldier's fiancé had climbed into the belfry and clung to the great clapper of the bell to prevent it from striking.
- I entered this gigantic granite jewel, which is as light in its effect as a bit of lace and is covered with towers, with slender belfries to which spiral staircases ascend.
- I imagined we would be going to some creepy old house with bats in the belfry and stone gremlins on the gateposts.
- The church was built in a Gothic style with a belfry.
- Constant ringing for 230 years had taken its toll on the belfry and bells.
- They were only allowing six at a time up on the belfry and there was already a party of people up there so we had to wait at the bottom.
- The repairs include refurbishment of the belfry and clock face, cleaning and repairing the bricks and replacing the low-level roof.