In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campana de vidrio femenino
- Unusual foliage such as ornamental cabbages can make a bold statement, especially if highlighted by accessories such as solar bell jars.
- To prevent accidental extinguishing of the flame, a huge crystalline bell jar with an open top to accommodate escaping smoke was placed over the lantern.
- The telescope structure accommodates installation of a 9-m vacuum bell jar for aluminizing the primary mirrors in situ on the telescope.
- A kind of invisible bell jar had been dropped over it, protecting it from change.
- Originally, cloches were constructed out of glass bell jars and were used to protect individual plants.
- He also used the pump to demonstrate that sound travels through the air: the sound of a watch in the bell jar grew fainter as the air was pumped out.
- A one gramme weight is placed on the scale pan of an electronic balance and the balance is covered by a glass bell jar.
- I think there's a great deal of misunderstanding about what emptiness is, the idea that emptiness is something that happens under a bell jar when you exhaust all the air from it.
- In the white void opposite, he has placed a glass bell jar containing an auction hammer.
- He removed the mud, moistened it, placed it under a bell jar, and subsequently germinated no fewer than eighty-two seeds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.