In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Quarter the bell pepper lengthwise, remove the stem, white membranes and seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining mango with the rice, kidney beans, bell pepper, scallions and peas.
- Add the red bell pepper and scallions to the drained potatoes and toss with the dressing.
- Thread skewers with halibut, zucchini, onion and bell pepper.
- Then I came home and ate a huge spinach salad with smoked salmon, fennel, hearts of palm, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, yellow bell pepper, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- The cubes of meat were topped with a variety of vegetables - zucchini, bell pepper and asparagus, among others - with their skins deliciously grilled.
- Scoville heat units can range from zero for a sweet bell pepper to over 200,000 for the fiery orange habanero.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for thirty-five minutes and serve with rice or rice noodles, ladling on any extra sauce, or eat it atop a spinach salad with red bell pepper and green onion.
- Place half of the bell pepper strips atop egg salad.
- As I clean my refrigerator out every Saturday morning, I toss all the leftover veggies in a pot - you know, the two carrots, that stalk of celery, half an onion, a bell pepper, a couple of potatoes.
- Make a vegetarian pizza with lots of tomato, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, mushroom, carrots, broccoli and spinach.
- Toss squash, potato, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Although any bell pepper can be roasted, red bell peppers are most commonly used; in addition, yellow and orange peppers are a great option.
- Combine all ingredients except the red bell pepper.
- Don't let the innocent name of this sweet bell pepper fool you.
- Groundnut stew may be served with rice, and the many possible accompaniments include hard-boiled eggs, sliced fruit, cucumber, onions, chutney, roast nuts, bell pepper, and raw onions.
- Toss the bell pepper into the frying pan and cook until tender and just starting to brown.
- Add the parsley, sunflower sprouts, bell pepper, and romaine lettuce; toss to coat, season, and set aside.
- Include bell pepper slices or baby carrots with ranch dressing or spaghetti sauce for dunking.
- For the red bell pepper sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the oyster sauce and chicken stock to a simmer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.