In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1danza del vientre femenino
- Derived from traditions in which women danced together to entertain each other, this form of belly dance is always danced as a group.
- It starts with the therapeutic benefits and history of belly dance, then explains the different forms of dance and movements.
- A group of women disappointed when their weekly belly dance classes came to an end have set up their own group in Chippenham.
- The role of belly dance and the meanings attached to this dance for both the women who perform it and their spectators have undergone radical change since it was first introduced to the West in the 19th century.
- Highlights include tribal belly dance, rock ‘n’ roll, yoga, street dance, Greek, Berber or Maori dancing, Argentinian tango as well as the more traditional ballroom.
- There's also a shrewd belly dance that alludes to both women's lives.
- Flamenco's middle-Eastern heritage was evident here, as dancers used the hip swaying and arm and hand movements that one would expect in a belly dance.
- She was the famous ‘Little Egypt’ who did her belly dance in front of amazed clerics, whose reports of the lewd behaviour brought the crowds in their thousands flocking to the fair.
- I decided to learn Arabic music in Cairo, but ‘Daman’ would not be persuaded to learn a belly dance.
- In the 21 years since her spiritual quest led her to belly dance, she has danced all over the Middle East, attracting the attention of royal families and having wild adventures before founding her Toronto school and dance company.
- One art that thrives in the progressive creative environment of the region is the belly dance.
- No trip to a Middle Eastern restaurant is complete without a belly dance display.
- Designed, choreographed, and taught by Russian belly dancer Neon, this beginner-level program introduces ten belly dance combinations that you can take to the dance club or to parties.
- The performance draws inspiration from Middle Eastern culture, mixing it with dance, belly dance, spectacular sets, magnificent lighting and illusions to create an exciting show for all ages.
- Where is the seemingly independent upper, lower and middle body movement in the belly dance?
- It's a slinky three-minute dance set to music combining belly dance with modern dance.
- A beautiful little khanum is presented, a girl of 18, her perfect half naked body sparkling with jewels and semitransparent silk, her long dark hair shaking on her shoulders as she performs the belly dance to the sound of drums and flutes.
- The open category dances saw a nine-year-old performing an Australian belly dance.
- Did you hear she actually can do a weapons dance and a belly dance at the same time?
- Their 3-part video series takes you through steps that form a true Egyptian belly dance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.