In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Jose looks stunned, then breaks into a deep belly laugh.
- Inglewood could not restrain a deep belly laugh.
- In the comments, you offered several thousand people a belly laugh at your expense - was that the point?
- Thanks to MWO, this transcript gave me a real belly laugh.
- Around 16 million adults, totalling 40 per cent, said they failed to muster even one proper belly laugh in an average day.
- People have probably noticed that they feel a lot better after a good belly laugh.
- The large man smiled and let out a deep belly laugh.
- He got a big belly laugh out of that, which made me like him more.
- After having an hour-long belly laugh about the misfortunes of the party I despise so much, I wondered what kind of impact this might have on the Canadian political scene, especially on the federal level.
- He lets out a belly laugh, knowing that I've caught the dripping irony in his voice.
- I found Barron very funny, but it was more of a quiet chuckle than a belly laugh.
- Let's hope we can all finish this grim year off with a huge riotous belly laugh.
- He throws back his head and laughs a deep belly laugh.
- Thanks to its readers and comic enthusiasts, who apparently love paradoxes and a good belly laugh about them, the monthly magazine has survived the financial crisis of its second year and now has gradually become a comic icon in Bali.
- Wouldn't a friendship be better if it could absorb the energy of teasing and laugh a big belly laugh?
- But then where would the belly laugh have been in that?
- The old woman's face cracked into a smile as her deep belly laugh ruptured and blared until I was sure everyone in the neighborhood had heard it.
- Whatever it was, Jimmy could bend you over in a belly laugh with a humorous aside and then straighten you up with a devastating critique of foreign policy - all in the same sentence.
- I have to confess that I always get a good belly laugh out of such nonsense.
- Hardly a minute goes by without a chuckle or a belly laugh.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.