In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1benevolencia femeninobondad femenino
- Any positive act of benevolence or good will is one that could be considered sacred.
- As Confucius saw long ago, benevolence or concern for humanity is the indispensable root of it all.
- They have repeatedly given up their time to save lives and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their benevolence.
- The disaster left the world in great grief, but it has responded with unprecedented benevolence.
- After all, how can we expect a person who is cruel to small creatures to show kindness and benevolence to his countrymen?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.