1(in addition to)además dethere are five others coming besides you — además de / aparte de ti, vienen otros cinco
- I wasn't interested in the talk, besides which I was feeling tired — no me interesaba la charla y aparte de eso / además estaba cansado
2(apart from)exceptoaparte defuera deno one knows besides you — nadie lo sabe excepto tú / aparte de ti / fuera de ti
1ademásshe studies and has a full-time job besides — estudia y además tiene un trabajo de jornada completa
- and plenty more besides — y mucho más todavía
- All of these, and plenty more besides, are reasons to criticise.
- It is all glam by comparison, a busy street, four lanes wide with a lot of the local amenities and lots more besides.
- She put her name to the single market, the bedrock of European union, and to several other fundamental agreements besides.
- In my own childhood home, she was this and a whole lot more besides.
- Smoking causes cancer and many other nasty things besides, and I would be delighted if the entire world stopped tomorrow.
- But caps and hoods nowadays seem to be a cover for mischief and a lot worse besides.
- He is the best finisher in England and a lot more besides.
- I could see there was a lot of other stuff inside there too, and a lot more money besides.
- The ground floor is a warren of rooms crammed with every kind of device you ever saw in an ironmonger's, and quite a lot more besides.
- There will be much more besides, so make sure you are there when the fun begins at 11 am on Sunday.
- She equaled him on the ski runs and tennis courts and was a far more conscientious student besides.
- Both had given heart and soul and a lot more besides to win the match and yet one was the victor and the other vanquished.
- I still own all his albums from 1969 to 1983, plus all sorts of other stuff besides.
- I know you've been travelling a lot and been sick besides, so it may not have made it into an update.
- All this is detailed - and a lot more besides in his book.
- Not only do you get pictures like those below but lots more besides.
- He knows the goals are an easy way to any supporter's heart, but he reckons his lanky winger offers a lot more besides.
- More often than not he lost it and a good deal more besides.
- He can do that, but he does a lot more besides, and that is what makes him special.
- It's like getting a speeding ticket, paying for nothing and getting demerits on your record besides.