In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(book) bestseller masculino(book) superventas masculino(product) superventas femeninoa motorbike/car that has been among the bestsellers for four years — una moto/un coche que lleva cuatro años entre los superventas
- Readers seem to like the move and six ‘big print’ paperbacks have been on The New York Times paperback best-seller list since last month.
- He pointed to the best-seller list, at the top of which sat All The President's Men.
- The latest, Seven-Up, is currently on every hardcover best-seller list.
- To the surprise of everyone involved, the book shot up the best-seller list.
- It's a story that needs to be told more often, rather than the warm, pink fuzziness we get from books on the best-seller lists.
- It also reached the best-seller list in Ireland, selling out this week in some Dublin book stores.
- Having sold over 1.5 million copies, the book ranks second on the best-seller list, right after the famous writer Chi Li's novel.
- The fact that they produce fiction that tops the secular best-seller lists, almost all of it apocalyptic, suggests that the charm remains.
- Well, right after I wrote that book and it got on the best-seller list, publishers came to me with offers.
- So when I started writing, if someone said you're going to have a book in the best-seller list, I would have thought that's amazing and I would give my right arm for that.
- Cookery shows are absolutely on the TV almost every day of the week, cookery books are in the best-seller list yet people cook less than ever before.
- How do you send a book soaring on the best-seller list even before it's been published?
- When a book makes a best-seller list it is instantly less interesting to me We are awash in great books, more than we could possibly read
- If a book lands on the best-seller list and nobody hears it, did it really happen?
- They were confident that the book would sell well; indeed it appeared on the New York Times paperback best-seller list in October, if only for a week.
- Atkins and South Beach diet books are on the best-seller list.
- The fact that conservative books dominate the best-seller list demonstrates how bogus such measures are as evidence of bias.
- It had a lock on the best-seller list for over three years and eventually sold more than 3 million copies.
- So when in 1971 he produced his best-seller, the Atlas, combining travel and wine, it was not a surprise.
- He's got a new hit book out already the best-seller list called ‘How to Know God.’
2(author)autor de bestsellers masculinoautora de bestsellers femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.