In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(successful)a bestselling book/record — un libro/disco de gran éxito de ventas
- a bestselling children's writer — un autor de libros para niños que tiene gran éxito de ventas
- The bestselling single in 2000 was Bob the Builder's Can We Fix It?
- Based on the bestselling novel by Sebastian Faulks, but with some thoroughgoing shifts in tone and narrative, Charlotte Gray centres on a heroine joining the Second World War effort and falling in love.
- So it's a good time to take a fresh look at the best-selling business magazine in the world.
- The comics have gone through a series of artists, and have proven to be best-selling graphic novels.
- Hollywood has always excelled in turning bestselling books into movies.
- Readers will delight in the amazing illustrations from bestselling novels around the world.
- He now writes bestselling crime novels at his home in New South Wales.
- The English-language version of his best-selling life story is to be published by Haynes in September.
- Was it possible to write the bestselling biography to match the box-office hit?
- Do you have what it takes to define a new genre and create a bestselling title?
- She turned her experiences into two hilarious bestselling books.
- He wrote the bestselling biography of U2 in 1985, just before the band became rock superstars.
- In fact, the trash compactor became the bestselling home appliance of that year.
- The first film was a hit, and the bestselling series has won three children's book prizes.
- The following passages are all from bestselling novels that have been made into movies.
- I'm going to collate all the poems into a bestselling anthology.
- For a surprisingly long time, it was either the #1 bestselling ebook on the entire Amazon website or in the top 100.
- It now makes and markets the top three bestselling disposable lenses worldwide.
- Screenwriters wade into turbulent water when they adapt screenplays from best-selling books.
- He is a fluent speaker of English, the author of best-selling books on the art.
2(most successful)last year's bestselling paperbacks — los libros de bolsillo más vendidos / de más venta el año pasado
- this is our bestselling model — este es el modelo que más vendemos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.