In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agencia de apuestas femenino
- The abolition was moved forward to October, and punters striking a wager in one of Britain's 7,000 off-course betting shops will not pay tax on their bets or winnings.
- There are around 8,200 betting shops in UK so bookmaking is a substantial business, important to the British economy.
- I love it, and racecourses, racing stables, horsey pubs and betting shops are all veritable cauldrons, bubbling away with varyingly reliable tips and other inside information.
- The Internet is as much to blame for the growth in gambling as more traditional establishments such as bricks-and mortar casinos, betting shops and bingo halls.
- These exchanges are the most revolutionary phenomenon to hit betting since the opening of betting shops.
- Before the introduction of the National Lottery, gambling in the United Kingdom was largely restricted to betting shops, racecourses, and casinos, venues that appeal mostly to men.
- Extra greyhound meetings and numbers draws in British betting offices.
- ‘I was the school bookmaker, worked in betting shops and racecourses,’ he says.
- Booker's group, planning to use Western Union to compile off-track bets, sought to establish 139 betting offices to be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The internet also enables those who would not normally be at home in a betting shop to place bets with relative ease.
- About 70 per cent of UK residents gamble, mostly on the lottery or at betting offices, according to Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Meanwhile, Britain's bookmakers are considering closing betting offices on the day of the Queen Mother's funeral as a mark of respect.
- It is Ireland's biggest bookmaker, with 161 licensed betting shops.
- The roll-out of the licensed betting office estate in clusters across London is continuing in a measured manner.
- He was known to be a regular gambler at casinos and betting shops, went to the gym daily and won karate trophies.
- UK bookmakers, casinos and betting shops make billions of pounds every year.
- You can imagine the laughter when it came in first at 50 to 1; my only regret was not taking that bet to the betting shop!
- Bookies will also benefit, with licensed betting offices able to offer a wider choice of food and drink, though not to serve alcohol.
- Millions of pounds will be staked on course and at betting shops.
- Money launderers may also operate behind the cover of cash-intensive businesses, such as casinos, betting shops, amusement arcades and foreign exchange bureaux.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.