In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1engranaje cónico masculino
- The trucks have crown and bevel gear sets which are connected to the motors by automotive style driveshafts.
- The tilting mechanism consisted of a large bevel gear segment bolted to the cross-head and positioned within the frame of the machine.
- The propeller-shaft continues forward along the broken-open keel and back inside the wreck, ending in the engine room with a bevel gear.
- The delivering program includes spur gears, bevel gears, planetary gears, and slewing gears, to name just a few.
- The drive is taken from a cross-shaft between the two - reduction and bevel gearing transmitting the power to a longitudinal shaft, in turn passing the drive to the axles, again through bevel gears.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.