In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To each is appended a significant bibliography for further reading of both older and newer scholarship.
- The chapters of the book are well written, illustrative, and most importantly, have lengthy bibliographies referring to classic literature as well as cutting edge studies in the respective fields.
- Each chapter includes references at the end, as well as an extended bibliography as an appendix.
- The book also includes a short glossary, a thorough bibliography, and seven appendices.
- Useful appendices and an extensive bibliography add to the book's reference value.
- It is rounded off by a series of appendices and an exhaustive bibliography.
- The book also includes a useful bibliography and appendix.
- The extensive bibliography refers to books, periodicals and theses, government and media materials, and websites.
- Appendices and a short bibliography are included.
- Readers can now find explanations on such matters as how best to cite websites in bibliographies and refer to e-mail addresses in documents.
- While it lacks notes, it does include a selected bibliography that will help scholars track down its many and varied sources.
- He supplements his book with interesting appendices and a solid bibliography.
- There is a lengthy bibliography and two helpful appendices.
- Some of the twenty-one essays include extensive documentation, bibliographies, and appendices, making available materials often known only to specialists.
- Six appendices and a bibliography complement the volume and I recommend it for serious students of the German war machine in WWI.
- This bibliography of classical folklore scholarship is not intended to be exhaustive, of course, but it does demonstrate the wide variety of sources and commentaries available on ancient myth and popular lore.
- Finally, the bibliography and appendices are enviable.
- There are extensive notes, which provide bibliographical references - though it would help the reader if there were a bibliography appended to each chapter.
- For professionals, the greatest value of the book will be found in the exhaustive bibliography and the appendix of internet sources for exotic species.
- Apart from criticizing the contents, he discovered that eight key references in the bibliography referred to nonexistent papers in nonexistent journals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.