In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(valve) mitral(tooth) premolar(tooth) bicúspide técnico
- A score of 2 was given to fully bicuspid dentition, while a score of 3 was given to fully tricuspid dentition, with even cusp heights.
- Causes of dissection include hypertension, Marfan's syndrome, trauma, Ehler's Danlos, coarctation, bicuspid aortic valve and relapsing polychondritis.
- Persons born with a bicuspid aortic valve are predisposed to develop aortic stenosis.
- Incisors cut food, and cuspid and bicuspid teeth grasp and tear food.
- The overwhelming cause of aortic valve disease in Europe is calcific degenerative disease, and about 2% of the population have congenitally bicuspid aortic valves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.