In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the Big Bang — la gran explosión
- before noun the Big Bang theory — la teoría del big bang / de la gran explosión
- These bursts may be the universe's biggest explosions since the original big bang.
- Indeed, all of the matter in the universe was created in the first few moments after the big bang.
- Some of the matter ejected by the big bang forms galaxies, like our very own milky way.
- Science however, has the big bang growing due only to internal factors: matter and gravity.
- Furthermore the big bang and the big crunch are actually the same event, just viewed from different directions.
- Gamma Ray Bursts are the most violent explosions the universe has seen since the big bang, astronomers say.
- From a massive explosion, the big bang, the universe started and has been expanding ever since.
- The big bang singularity is where all the mass of the universe used to be concentrated.
- The big bang should have produced equal quantities of matter and antimatter.
- Cosmologists imagine the big bang theory by means of an analogy to an expanding balloon.
- The big bang theory, evolution, plate tectonics, and other scientific marvels fascinated me.
- What if all the dark matter during the first few minutes after the big bang had been dark ordinary matter?
- This changes the whole view of the universe - big bang astronomy will never be the same.
- For the first third of a million years or so after the big bang, matter and energy in the universe moved in lockstep.
- In the initial stages of the big bang the universe existed in a highly compressed state.
- The big bang is the cosmic event that is theorized to have marked the origin of the universe.
- The image contains stunning detail of the universe just after the big bang.
- Thus, the big bang was not an explosion in space; it was more like an explosion of space.
- Globally the symmetry is broken in any universe that is finite, or began with a big bang.
- They are the most violent events ever to have occurred in the universe, aside from the big bang itself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.