In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1big crunch masculinogran implosión femenino
- ‘Until now we thought the Universe would either re-collapse to a big crunch or expand forever to a state of infinite dilution,’ says Robert Caldwell of Dartmouth College, New Hampshire.
- As a result, 100 billion years after the Big Bang will come the big crunch.
- If the universe is closed (with the amount of matter more than a critical density), the expansion of the universe will eventually stop and then reverse to begin a contraction leading to an eventual collapse termed the big crunch.
- Since time itself began when the cosmos was created there may be little point in asking what happened before, but rather what will be the final fate of the universe - will it expand forever or end in a big crunch?
- The idea at that time was a cycle in which our three-dimensional universe goes through periods of expansion beginning from the Big Bang and then reversal to contraction and a big crunch.
- Some theorists speculate that the universe will end in a big crunch, when everything collapses in on itself.
- It is as certain as can be that the whole universe will end either in the dying whisper of unending expansion and ever increasing cold, or in the fiery bang of a collapse into the cosmic melting pot of the big crunch.
- The dark energy might (as far as we know) decay after a while to a negative value, creating an inward acceleration that leads to a big crunch before things get so dull.
- He describes how the universe might die a heat death, and also argues that it may be possible that a big crunch will occur instead.
- So there's no evidence at all that the expansion will stop and turn around and go to a big crunch.
- Now cosmologists generally regard the universe as being in a phase of expansion, a phase that will reverse as the energies run down and lead to what has been described as the big crunch.
- As the late Professor Beatrice Tinsley of Yale explained, even though the mathematics says that the universe oscillates, ‘There is no known physical mechanism to reverse a catastrophic big crunch.’
- If, as he has said, the universe was created with a big bang, it may end with a big crunch, when all the galaxies crash together.
- Furthermore the big bang and the big crunch are actually the same event, just viewed from different directions.
- The big bang should leave a boring, featureless universe, but not if it was preceded by a big crunch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.