In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1secoya gigante femeninosecuoya gigante femenino
- Another Oregon big tree hunter drove out and remeasured the state's champ and declared it still the larger of the two trees.
- For now, a shot from our journey to the big trees.
- Each year, TCI members and instructors from around the country meet here to commune with the big trees and with one another.
- Big trees are not as hungry for water as coast redwoods.
- However, as we can envision the geologic processes that have shaped our earth in millennia past by observing the processes in operation today, so too can we imagine the initial human encounters with big trees by observing our own reactions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.