In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carril de bicicletas masculinociclovía femenino América Latina
- The drawing included a lake, parkland, retail outlets, a middle school and housing that would serve as a gateway to upriver trails and bikeways.
- Nearly a score of public bus lines already serve the neighborhood, while greenway trails connect to hundreds of miles of regional bikeways.
- The bikeway made its way through the exquisitely beautiful western country-side of Fish Creek, range lands, poplar and trees.
- In Bogota, capital of Colombia, people are encouraged to use non-automobile modes of transport; 120 bikeways have been provided and another 180 planned.
- In Amsterdam, vehicle access is colour coded, with bikeways being marked by red bricks.
- However, there was a change of policy in New Hampshire in the early 1990s, when an integrated package of mobility options was introduced to include buses, railroads, bikeways and pedestrian pathways.
- The challenge is to redesign communities, making public transportation the centerpiece of urban transport and augmenting it with sidewalks, jogging trails and bikeways.
- Improved bikeways would create access to more than forty miles of dirt trails and may eventually be a segue into the future creation of singletrack trails.
- The plan also calls for the transformation of Hydro corridors and abandoned railway lines into bikeways.
- While it's true that the centrepiece of the city's bike plan is the bikeway network, the plan is about much more than implementing bike routes across the city.
- Most cities now have bustling pedestrian zones, and bikeways crisscross even the most crowded metropolises.
- Linking 3,729 miles of trafficless trails, paths, and paved bikeways, the route circles the North Sea and passes through eight countries: Scotland, England, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
- Cr Lutz said the council was investigating its options with the bikeway, but was currently working on other bike paths.
- The law applies to public streets and bikeways; many private skate parks already require helmets.
- Paul Revere Park in Charlestown has seven miles of bikeways; sailing lessons are offered from Piers Park in East Boston; and for healthy air and water, head to Carson Beach in South Boston, one of the area's cleanest beaches.
- Bring along bicycles, because the road's bikeways are known as some of the best cycling trails in the country.
- Beginning after the Second World War, for every guilder that was spent on highways, a few pfennigs went to building bikeways.
- Among NPA accomplishments from the past term in office are the creation of a network of new bikeways, greenways, and seawalls and the development of 136 acres of new parks and 166,000 square feet of new community centre space.
- They'd have quickly found perhaps the daftest bikeway in Britain.
- And there's more to come: a new bikeway and an ambitious plan to open up a broad lawn in front of early 19th-century Castle Clinton, and in partnership with the National Parks Service a plan to revitalize Castle Clinton itself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.