In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Chest radiograph revealed bilateral small lung nodules in the upper lung fields.
- A chest examination showed signs of bilateral lobar consolidation of the mid zones.
- However, severe side effects may occur, including bilateral necrosis of the hip and gastric ulceration.
- Audiological testing showed major bilateral sensorineural hearing loss by 12 weeks.
- An examination under anaesthesia and bilateral tonsillectomy was performed.
- Chest radiography confirmed bilateral pleural effusions, and her heart was normal size.
- Chest radiography at this time revealed bilateral opacities in both lower lung lobes.
- Other causes of unilateral or bilateral parotitis warrant consideration however.
- Extensive fibrosis and bilateral nodular lesions can be seen on chest radiographs.
- She was found to have bilateral temporal field deficits and was referred for a neurological opinion.
- Examine his nose for any obstruction, such as polyps or septal deviation, and whether unilateral or bilateral.
- Mammography, bilateral in patients who had had conservative surgery, was scheduled once a year.
- Her clinical course was complicated by bilateral airleak and a cavitary lung lesion.
- It usually predominates on the left side, but may be right sided or bilateral.
- He was registered blind and had been diagnosed as having gross bilateral macular degeneration.
- In three instances the muscle was bilateral, and in one on the left side only.
- On chest radiography, the hydatid cysts were found to be bilateral in two patients.
- The radiologist felt that there was slight bilateral raising of the diaphragm and some blurring at both bases.
- We report a case of acute airway obstruction secondary to bilateral broncholiths.
- Angiogram showing bilateral occlusions of superficial femoral arteries in thighs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.