In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1convólvulo masculinocorrehuela femenino
- Weed control weaknesses: Provides poor control of legumes, Carolina geranium, morningglories, bindweed, and sedges.
- Perennial weeds such as horsetail and bindweed need more attention because the roots should be removed to stand any chance of eradicating them.
- These so-called host plants include many broadleaf weeds and cover crops such as nettles, mallow, chicory, dandelion, thistles, bindweed, deadly nightshade, and many clovers.
- Avoid tilling overly aggressive or invasive plants that produce root-buds, such as crabgrass, johnsongrass, bindweed or Canada thistle.
- A factory farm stood silent and abandoned, hedges of elders dripped berries and were decorated with white trumpets of bindweed.
- Having said that, be assured that late summer is ideal for tackling the growth of difficult weeds such as ground elder, brambles, bindweed and Japanes knotweed.
- Perennial grasses such as bluegrass and quackgrass and broadleaves such as Canada thistle, bindweed, and curly dock also could be addressed with the Roundup Ready weed control program.
- Nettles and tangles of bindweed, pelt-snagging goosegrass and bedstraw alike were avoided, while he gazed with pleasure on the eager growth of scattered rowan and hawthorn saplings.
- To the right is a wilderness, abandoned to brambles, ground elder, bindweed and buddleia.
- On the way from the airport to the hotel I spotted hundreds of sky-blue flowers (about the size of bindweed flowers) on ground-hugging plants - seemingly wild - on the side of the highway.
- None of the chemicals knocked out field bindweed or little mallow, but that's been the case with methyl bromide plus chloropicrin, too.
- Docken, like dandelion, nettle, ground elder, bindweed and couch-grass belongs to that troublesome group of wild flowers called perennial weeds.
- Brambles and bindweed (which he called bindbell) mainly.
- And please don't talk to me about ‘well bindweed is okay but creeping buttercup is a little rascal’, because we're not on first name terms, the weeds and I.
- Spray perennial weeds such as bindweed and Canadian thistle with a glyphosate-based herbicide before first frost.
- Before we moved here, two pernicious weeds - bindweed and sticky-willie - had been allowed to establish themselves throughout the length of the hedge.
- The weed strangling your garden is known as bindweed.
- Even the salvias and euphorbias are suffering, and I see bindweed.
- Using his trusty scanner again, Doran has taken plants that most gardeners would characterise as weeds, such as dandelions and bindweed, and photographed them against a plain black background.
- The list of weed species includes: morninglory, bindweed, buckwheat, Pennsylvania smartweed, Venice mallow, sweet clover, velvetleaf, lamb's quarters, and nightshade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.