In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is what is said to have prompted Asan to write a biography of Achutha Menon, drawing on his close relationship with him.
- He wrote a worthy biography of Red Smith and edited a book of columns by Smith.
- He also wrote several short biographies on early identities to be included in Dictionary of New Zealand Biography.
- She once toyed with writing a biography of Margaret Thatcher, the first time she's ever been interested in writing about a living person.
- I can't help but feel that if you could write a biography of Pepys with only side references to the diary it'd work a lot better.
- I think I may write a non-linear biography starting from now and going in both directions at once.
- They are biographies, and writers should not have biographies written.
- My brother Marvin and I once wrote a biography of the former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.
- Brown even went on to write a biography of James Maxton.
- This might suggest the difficulty of writing the biography of someone who spent so much of his life recreating his life in fiction.
- When I went on to write the biography of Charles, true to his character, he gave me complete freedom of access to friends and documents.
- In The Name is not a Pilger biography but an account of Pilger's television work with which the journalist himself co-operated.
- A keen horsewoman, she was writing a biography of Captain Mark Phillips - he and Princess Anne were still married at the time.
- Hey, there are people writing novels and biographies using pictures as well as words.
- Drummund, who was also a biographer for Billy Graham, wrote an excellent biography on Finney which deals with this.
- The result is a biography written wholly in the spirit of its subject.
- Lee said it wasn't his decision to sack Bell and if anything is written otherwise in the biography, which is due out in the autumn, he will take legal action.
- He was also responsible for publishing Dorothy Wordsworth's diaries and wrote a ground-breaking biography of her.
- It is not easy to write a biography about a person who is known to be reticent and the problem gets compounded when the attempt is not authorised.
- Was it possible to write the bestselling biography to match the box-office hit?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.