In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Niaid also recently awarded two contracts to support research in a key area of systems biology, bioinformatics.
- With the unprecedented growth of bioinformatics and comparative genomics, state of the art technologies are essential to utilize the vast gene pools sitting in the databases.
- The future of biology is strongly bound up with bioinformatics: that is, the field of research that collects biological data of all kinds, and tries to make sense of the data as a whole, and to make predictions.
- The Engineering and Medicine streams were getting saturated, while the future belonged to fields like biotechnology and bioinformatics.
- We provide rapid access to the best knowledge in the traditional agricultural sciences as well as in newer fields like bioinformatics, genomics, and proteomics.
- Thus we are pursuing a variety of projects in computational biology and bioinformatics, with physicists often playing a starring role.
- Specifically, I'm a biologist with a strong background in biochemistry, materials science and bioinformatics.
- For example, evolution is fundamental to genomics and bioinformatics, new fields which hold the promise of great medical discoveries.
- We believe Scotland has excellent potential in biotechnology, bioinformatics, microelectronics and photonics, and Boston is at the centre of these areas on the east coast.
- Driven by chemistry, the process of drug research and discovery is increasingly led in the post-genomic era by advances in biotechnology and bioinformatics.
- Those areas are polymer research, horticultural biotechnology, transport mechanics and bioinformatics, according to Franklin.
- Wendel also coordinates training programs for the center, so graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can learn more about plant genomics and bioinformatics.
- The agricultural world is also adopting various approaches in genomics and bioinformatics in attempts to understand complex traits.
- New areas include tissue engineering, telemedicine and bioinformatics - the technology of the genomic revolution.
- The huge demand for analysis and interpretation of these data is being managed by the evolving science of bioinformatics.
- It's only natural that in areas of breaking science, such as bioinformatics, we should see a shortfall in knowledge and skills among new chemistry graduates.
- Also, Japan's national budget for this year covers new research centers for nanotechnology, bioinformatics, genetic research and protein structure data.
- They focus on the IT division of Life Science (computational biology, bioinformatics, bioIT).
- Many cite the university's strengths in veterinary medicine, bioinformatics and plant sciences as their draw to this campus.
- The faculty of science also offers bioinformatics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.