In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reloj biológico masculinoreloj interno masculino
- It was thought to be a biological clock set by the sun.
- Yes, that's controlled by an internal biological clock.
- It is not clear, however, whether this shift in response to experience is in fact a learned response or a biological clock adjustment based on physiology.
- Your circadian rhythm is regulated by a biological clock in your brain that usually makes you sleepy at night and ready to wake up in the morning.
- It is most often used by shift workers, jet-lagged travelers and those with Seasonal Affective Disorder to help re-set biological clocks.
- Scientists aren't sure why or how, but beavers' biological clocks (and thus their activity patterns) drift out of phase with the day/night cycle in winter.
- We could reset the biological clock by exposing it to a temperature cycle.
- Prolonged periods of exposure to artificial light disrupt the body's circadian rhythms - the inner biological clocks honed over thousands of years of evolution to regulate behaviors such as sleep and wakefulness.
- By depriving people of light and other external time cues, scientists have learned that most people's biological clocks work on a 25-hour cycle rather than a 24-hour one.
- These results and others led Burning, in 1936, to propose the concept of an endogenous biological clock in animals modulated by daily cycles of light and dark.
- As long ago as the early 1930s the German physiologist Erwin Bunning hypothesized that plants measure day length with an internal circadian clock - and biological clocks are now thought to be virtually ubiquitous.
- For example, the question of time rhythms in human beings as biological organisms impinges directly on the question of the possibility of an internal biological clock.
- At dusk, however, the insect is activated by an internal biological clock, which regulates most of its behaviors.
- The researchers removed the exercise wheels normally used to gauge mouse activity, because regular spins can help the mice reset their biological clocks, just as a daily walk might help a person sleep better at night.
- Like the world around us, our biological clocks are set to tick in cycles of approximately 24 hours.
- Our biological clock is normally synchronised with the day-night cycle of the home country.
- The daily biological clock has been shown to be involved in autonomic cardiovascular regulation.
- His pivotal studies provided the foundation on which our understanding of biological clocks and their role in organizing migration, breeding, and other life-history events are based.
- This helps set the internal biological clock that regulates your sleep and waking patterns.
- Don't drive at night if you can avoid it, as internal biological clocks encourage most people to sleep when it is dark.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.