In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Like every other farmer within the biosecurity zone Mr Fairburn is required to place footbaths, disinfectant spray and brushes at the entrance to his farm.
- He stressed the need for biosecurity and disinfection measures to continue to be effectively deployed by all farmers.
- Individual producers are encouraged to take responsibility for the biosecurity of their livestock enterprises.
- We are putting a biosecurity risk into our ecosystems on a commercial scale.
- Officials would also have to be satisfied that all necessary biosecurity procedures were in place to prevent any risk of spreading the disease.
- The public expects a biosecurity system that can protect and, when necessary, eradicate incursions.
- It has some really important powers to protect us better against biosecurity threats.
- She urged farmers to continue disinfecting and other biosecurity procedures.
- Vets have the responsibility of ensuring that we look after the animal welfare, biosecurity, and food safety of this nation.
- In New Zealand, the difficulties are such that, not only are our farmers left out of pocket but our economy and biosecurity could also suffer.
- He said he hopes farmers have learned a lesson in biosecurity and will work harder to keep on top of the disease.
- I was hopeful that there would be something for biosecurity.
- We have 196 biosecurity risk containers entering our ports every day.
- He went on about the inadequate funding of biosecurity.
- We see biosecurity in this industry as absolutely essential.
- Before biosecurity, of course, dairies had quite enough on their collective plate when it came to safety.
- I say at the outset that a biosecurity scare such as foot-and-mouth disease is the most perilous thing that could face this economy.
- Successful biosecurity plans manage the risk of disease transmission.
- Good biosecurity is essential to stop any disease spreading.
- She understands the significance of biosecurity to this country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.