In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the biosphere — la biosfera
- The second reason is that it's the mixing place between the biosphere and the atmosphere.
- So man is now changing the planet, for the better, just as living processes improved the planet, so man by acting on the biosphere improves the planet.
- If we catch it, the potential to expand the biosphere beyond Earth to the rim of the solar system and beyond can be realized.
- However, forest fires are well-known, important mechanisms for exchanging elements between the biosphere and the atmosphere.
- Another major biological feature often considered as organized hierarchically is the pattern of distribution and association of organisms in the biosphere.
- This is a long, long way from saying that this galaxy is full of planets with biospheres even remotely comparable to ours.
- And therefore, humanity, which comes into the picture with cognition, depends upon this living part of the planet, the so-called biosphere.
- Even most of earth is lifeless once you get past the thin film of the biosphere on the surface.
- He touches on the lives of many scientists, some famous and some forgotten, who have studied the earth and the biospheres of Indonesia.
- Oxygen is one of several vital elements that are constantly consumed and recycled by processes involving the biosphere, the Earth's rocks and volcanoes, and the oceans.
- The totality of living organisms is the biosphere, although this term is also used to denote the environment inhabited by living organisms.
- In certain areas, mankind is presently consuming these mineral resources more rapidly than they are being transmitted from the interior of the planet to the biosphere.
- The idea of bringing physical samples of Mars back to Earth has raised serious concerns about the possibility of contaminating the Earth's biosphere with an unknown Martian organism.
- The storage of sulfur in the various compartments of Earth and its biosphere, and the many transfers occurring among them, is referred to as the sulfur cycle.
- The system of universes could be even more intricate and complex than the biosphere of our planet.
- Of course, it was snuffed out because Mars is tectonically dead, so the recycling of chemicals that you get on Earth which keeps things going and supplies the surface biosphere would have actually ceased on Mars a lot earlier.
- He looked at this problem of living processes in the biosphere from that standpoint.
- Human activities have dramatically altered the Earth's biosphere and atmosphere during the past few hundred years.
- As a science, ecology describes the interrelationships between organisms and environments - that is, the experience of living together in the biosphere.
- He demonstrated, for example, that the atmosphere, the oceans, and most of the area on which we live on the surface of the Earth, is a biosphere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.