In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In this mutant, a protein is inactivated which plays a key role during the negative feedback control of chlorophyll biosynthesis.
- This is an essential metabolic reaction that precedes the sucrose biosynthesis in the cytosol.
- However, enzymes for their biosynthesis are found in both cell types.
- Coordination of reproduction and yolk biosynthesis is achieved via the endocrine system.
- In higher plants, the pathways of chlorophyll and haem biosynthesis are tightly regulated at an early step.
- Mutants affected in cellulose biosynthesis have been identified in vascular plants.
- Roma might reflect a more or less continuous biosynthesis of new cell wall material.
- It should be mentioned that there is no evidence for disturbed chlorophyll biosynthesis in the mutant.
- The biochemistry of carotenoid biosynthesis has been well established.
- All previous theoretical analyses of metabolic costs of lignin biosynthesis used glucose as substrate.
- Bacterial growth is directly linked to the capacity of the cells for protein biosynthesis.
- Floral senescence in many species is regulated by ethylene biosynthesis.
- In the whole plant, multicellular compartmentation is required for alkaloid biosynthesis.
- Cysteine biosynthesis is modified by regulators acting at the site of uptake and throughout the plant system.
- In this pathway it is well known that biosynthesis is subject to both positive and negative feedback regulation.
- However, fewer hormone biosynthesis or action mutants are known which exhibit greater than normal growth.
- In vivo, the repression of genes involved in starch biosynthesis has been reported to block pollen development.
- Adequate measures were taken to protect the plants from biotic and abiotic stresses that may influence lignin biosynthesis.
- Metabolic pathways involved in starch biosynthesis are different between source and sink tissues.
- This can only be realized if the rate of ethylene biosynthesis is regulated by submergence-induced signals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.