In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de dos partidos
- The comments underscore Labor's bipartisan support on foreign policy as on every other issue.
- Trade policy has been a notable and bipartisan success of postwar American foreign policy.
- Named the USA Patriot Act, the bill passed with overwhelming bipartisan support.
- The calls for a unity government or a bipartisan approach come from conflicting directions.
- Charter school legislation easily passed through both state houses with bipartisan support.
- If we are going to pursue a bipartisan policy let's be willing also to accept some shortcomings on our part.
- Yet the House has just approved it, on a virtual party line vote, ending the recent spirit of bipartisan cooperation in Congress.
- The disclosure has led to a bipartisan call for a congressional investigation.
- Does the Prime Minister recall promising that he would always extend the bipartisan hand on this policy?
- The bipartisan character of the response of the two major parties is not an accident.
- In domestic, as well as foreign policy, there is bipartisan agreement between the major parties.
- On the one hand, National is telling business audiences that New Zealand has a bipartisan trade policy.
- This legislation underscores the bipartisan agreement between Labor and the government.
- Each of the three counties involved will have its own bipartisan recounting committee.
- As Dr Brash said, that is a matter of bipartisan agreement in this House.
- I add that Canada also eschews bipartisan democracy in favor of a number of well-known parties and a handful of lesser known ones.
- A bipartisan War Party is in control of Congress, and the media has been toeing its line.
- Is that the way you want to start off the kind of bipartisan cooperation you have been talking about?
- I think it is a great pity that we have moved away from a bipartisan agreement that gave New Zealand the best accounts in the world.
- There was bipartisan agreement on the committee to hold an inquiry into hate speech.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.