In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Another one was spotted this year and is hanging out close enough to the fence for birders to safely get a peak… or so we thought.
- I've known birders who have cut ties with friends and family over this issue and I don't think that's worth it.
- Backers of the program point out that they can even find support in the birders ' guide book Roberts Birds of Southern Africa.
- Obmascik spent so much time on the trail of the birders that he became an avid bird watcher himself.
- He is also a fanatic birder, the kind who has devoted his life to seeking out rare and exotic avifauna from pole to pole.
- Mostly duck hunters but a few recognizable birders were there also.
- I know I'm not the only birder who was over there.
- His obvious enthusiasm for his subject marks him as a true birder.
- Often, as they peck and probe in the depths, they allow birders to approach closely enough to see their identifying features.
- Local birders hosted early morning birds walks in local natural areas on 8 August and 9 August.
- I would like each one of you birders, naturalists, and bloggers to think about this and share your conclusions.
- My uncle Larry is a birder and the way he writes about birding makes me think it is something I will eventually do as well.
- One Florida homeowner is organizing birders as the next powerful voting bloc.
- The coloration of feathers elicits curiosity in the ornithologist and admiration in the birder.
- Meeting new birders is often as enjoyable as meeting new birds.
- In recent years, there have been a spate of field guides for birdwatchers, often confusing the ordinary birder with the changes in nomenclature.
- While I was thumbing through my field guide, a lady came up to me and introduced herself as a fellow birder.
- Most of the birders also had very high-tech photography equipment.
- Alaska, the last frontier, is a premier destination for birders, botanists, and wildlife watchers.
- Some were excited to learn about what they can do to make the area more accessible to birders and some were just curious about all the fuss.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.