In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You would have researched the history of birding and photographs in that field.
- She told me it had been an important book because, for her, birding had been no idle hobby.
- Somewhere along the line, the notion of birding as a hobby flew the coop.
- My father went birding or worked in the vegetable garden when he wanted to think.
- I can be patient only so long, and I guess I save that patience for my family, my students and my birding!
- In the isolated beauty of the Antarctic north, you will observe some of the best birding in the world.
- He enjoyed birding and attending cricket matches with childhood friends.
- One of the inviolable truths of birding is that you cannot force the bird.
- The main aspect of January birding is the cold weather movements that occur with birds moving from the near continent and in to south and eastern Britain.
- I even added two new birds to my year list, not a bad day birding at all.
- My uncle Larry is a birder and the way he writes about birding makes me think it is something I will eventually do as well.
- This morning I met our Battalion surgeon for a little early morning birding.
- I'm trying to track down some British Soldiers who have been birding in Iraq.
- My four day trip to some other bases was very productive for birding and other nature observations.
- This was my first time making a trip solely for the purpose of birding.
- Iowa birding is good; there are quite a few pelicans here and some good ducks.
- I think fun birding tech products are going to help mainstream birding and more people into the fold.
- Finally, we saw a multitude of Sanderlings, a bird we haven't seen since we started birding.
- It seems odd that birding, wine and 30-somethings get separate listings while us garden bloggers don't.
- Bill and I have done a lot of birding with Jeff, and he amazes us anew every time we're together.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.