In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piedra natal femenino
- Which is the birthstone for the month of September?
- My cousin Liz commented on it last week - it's amethyst, our shared birthstone.
- One way to do this is put a diamond in the center with the birthstones of the couple on either side.
- She would happily model the latest piece of jewelry he'd bought her, ranging from bright, gorgeous earrings to delicate, sparkling rings, dotted with her birthstone.
- Different months of the year have corresponding flowers, much like birthstones.
- Gems and birthstones are becoming more popular, as are styles such as solitaire diamonds, cluster rings and diamond set rings with small stones or gems set on either side.
- The attractive strings of pearls from Hyderabad, birthstones and a wide array of semi-precious stones from exotic places add to the finery.
- Anyway, some people go by month when determining birthstones, others go by the zodiac.
- Inside lay a silver necklace with my birthstone in it.
- For example, the months of January and February on the calendar display an appealing emerald piece, along with facts on the birthstone.
- Once again I had forgotten about the necklace Jeremy had given me, the one that had our birthstones on it, the one that had helped bring us back together in Mexico.
- Personalize the gift with a special saying, your children's names, birthstones, gold, silver, a special charm, etc.
- The range of display includes necklaces, bangles, pendants, coins, designer jewellery, birthstones and exquisite designer jewellery pieces.
- In the center were small and tasteful stones representing each of their birthstones: emerald for him and sapphire for her.
- There's also a matching pair of earrings and a ring with my birthstone, the blue topaz, in the middle and a diamond on either side of it.
- Combined with birthstones and semi-precious gems, the necklaces also make stylish, yet affordable gifts for friends and acquaintances.
- Some products on display would be necklaces, bangles, full and half-sets, pendants, coins, precious and semi-precious stones besides of course, birthstones of exquisite designs.
- Her birthstone was ruby and her eyes were brown.
- There has been some indication of support for birthstones in terms of their marketability as collector items.
- He bought her a silver necklace that says mom and each letter is comprised of a different birthstone, his; hers; and the baby's due date.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.