In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuerpo negro masculino
- In 1908 Einstein became a lecturer at the University of Bern after submitting his habilitation thesis which followed from the energy distribution law of black bodies.
- The Sun radiates approximately as a black body with a temperature of 5800 K, which peaks in the optical region at a wavelength of about 0.6 m.
- It is common in remote sensing applications to refer to the ‘brightness temperature’ of an object, defined as the temperature the body would need to have if it were a black-body emitting the same amount of radiation.
- Consequently, a photonic crystal measured to have the same temperature, and therefore comparable energy, as a black body has to shed more energy as photons at allowed wavelengths.
- A black body is one that perfectly absorbs all the radiation falling on it and then re-emits all of that radiation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.