In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inglés de la población negra masculino
- I have just been reading the thoroughly sensible things that she says about black English and standard English.
- Like the black English which Kai Ting adopts, symbols of Jewish identity become part of his vocabulary and a reference point for describing his own Chinese identity.
- These children come to school with a rich set of collective experiences and a particular, well-developed dialect - black English.
- ‘I remember he wrote an article in The New York Times in 1979 asking ‘If black English isn't a language, tell me what it is.’
- I must agree with the verdict that the black English terms HIP, DIG, and JIVE are not borrowings from an African language.
de las grandes ciudades estadounidenses
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.