In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gallo lira masculino
- These trees will help to provide shelter and food for birds including the rare black grouse.
- Large uninhabited forests and mountain areas have supported a rich wildlife and provided opportunities for hunting (elk, reindeer, red and roe deer, hare, ptarmigan, black grouse, capercaillie).
- All he succeeded in shooting was a single black grouse, perched singing on a tree branch.
- Grouse numbers are up by 25 per cent on last year and conditions have been ideal for other rare moorland game birds, such as the black grouse and grey partridge.
- We have some exceptionally rare birds there, like hen harriers, black grouse, and we are setting up an osprey platform.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.