In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Because the people who can afford to sit on the bleeding edge of technology are so rarely capable of even switching it on.
- When I started, I was at the bleeding edge of communications.
- Download it to be at the bleeding edge of fashion (if it's not been default-installed with some other application first, without you knowing).
- On the bad side, I feel that I'm never going to be at the bleeding edge of anything, save a slippery kitchen knife.
- Letting a VC funded startup shoulder the cost for an expensive bleeding edge technology has historically been a very successful model.
- And to be on the bleeding edge of hip, people instinctively look for ‘the next thing,’ in order to be always seen as a leader, an early adopter, to distinguish oneself from the Joneses.
- Believe me, when one is 26 years, single, working on the bleeding edge of technology in a superpower economy, earning somewhere around $100K, who will have the time to think about one's roots?
- As quite frankly the fear of being in 2nd place or being less than a top ten tier is what keeps many companies in this industry on the bleeding edge of technology, whether that edge is make belief or for real.
- It's also because the real action in media policy is on the bleeding edge of technology, where all the consequences are hypothetical.
- Convenience stores are not exactly on the bleeding edge of information technology, and having lots of locations can really be a problem for keeping track of the figures.
- Blogging, if nothing else, is the bleeding edge of vanity publishing.
- It's official: I am now (at least) several weeks behind the bleeding edge.
- Typically my thoughts about my own voice have preceded the zeitgeist, and I am once again on the bleeding edge.
- Unfortunately, there's nothing much else going on besides a shambolic topple off of the bleeding edge she's inhabited for so long.
- Top of the Pops is not, despite what it tries to tell you, a half hour anthology of the bleeding edge of pop music.
- Such as it is, I've been complaining to myself, silently, that I no longer have the intuition and drive to sit on the bleeding edge of technology to report back to the masses as though I were nothing more than a glorified news anchor.
- Because this is a development box rather than a gaming machine, it's more important that a sound card be well supported with stable drivers than that it hug the bleeding edge of audio technology.
- The bleeding edge is just too expensive for minimal speed gains.
- The bleeding edge people here understand and use RSS.
- We're that kind of place, y'know, on the bleeding edge and all that.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.