In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The blessing begins with a prayer for the mother's health.
- The church now echoed with whimpering cries as the priest said his final prayers and blessings.
- A long blessing of praise to God for salvation follows.
- He therefore validated Yaakov's blessings, and recognized Yaakov as the sole spiritual inheritor of the blessings.
- And when it's inserted into our prayer of many blessings, it's specifically inserted into the blessing which describes the unique power of God.
- By the time that he was done, the Holy Spirit had caused Balaam to speak a rich blessing upon Israel.
- When a great man like an Isaac makes a blessing, that blessing affects spiritual forces and becomes a reality.
- Bishop John McAreavey imparted blessings at a special prayer ceremony in which pupils, special guests, governors, parents and staff took part.
- Popes traditionally deliver the blessing at Christmas and Easter.
- It seems as though all those doubts and worries had been transformed into prayers and blessings, which had then been abundantly answered.
- After the circumcision, which occurs very quickly and without much pain, a celebration of food, prayers, and blessings follows.
- God, Allah, the Buddha, or Shiva requires you to offer a sacrifice, a prayer or a blessing.
- If nothing else, but by the sheer magnitude of blessings and prayers for the ‘boys in blue’, India stands a terrific chance of bringing home the Cup!
- When you say grace, include a blessing for all those you depend on.
- This past Thanksgiving, she offered a Navajo blessing as the invocation for the Sunday service.
- The reburials of the bones are to be take place with ‘a very low key service’ with prayers and blessings, said the diocesan spokesman.
- Sabbath candles are lit and there are Sabbath blessings, prayers, songs and readings.
- Gamaliel defined no more than the beginnings and ends of blessings, leaving the prayer leader or individual worshipper to improvise on the set theme.
- ‘It was your blessings and prayers that helped me complete this trick successfully,’ he said.
- Jewish spirituality recommends saying a prayer or reciting a blessing whenever you notice, even for a moment, that something is going right.
1.2(approval)aprobación femeninoconsentimiento masculinothe project has the board's blessing — el proyecto cuenta con la aprobación de la junta
- At a meeting on Thursday members of the executive committee will be asked to give a blessing to the improvement plan.
- If he declines to give blessings for an endeavor, they accept that as his blessing and proceed no further.
- If you're still sure that you want to make this travel, you'll have all my support and my blessings.
- Mama is still upset that money is causing such strife around the house, but refuses to give any money or blessings to anything supporting alcohol.
- In the context of East Timor's first-ever election campaign, there could be nothing more valuable than the blessing of the Catholic Church.
- The plans already have the blessing of the town council, but this week doctors at Hathaway surgery declined to speak about the scheme.
- And all of this, of course, is aimed at getting a new U.N. blessing for the plan moving forward in Iraq to transfer sovereignty.
- The move has the blessing of the Franciscan community in Waterford who have commended the City Council on the proposal to move the Luke Wadding statue to Greyfriars.
- The public consultation period on the Westmead skatepark ended last Thursday, just as Chippenham Town Council gave its blessing for the plans to proceed.
- The State must be making that statement when it decides, by legislation, to give State sanction and State blessing to unions between two people of the same sex.
- It recalls the violence and cruelty of medieval military expeditions to conquer the Holy Land, all done in the name of Christ and with the blessing of the church.
- So I want you to know that just this once, you have my support and my blessing.
- Caring for the sick had the blessing of the Christian churches, which urged their members both to be charitable and to care for those suffering.
- The Anglican Church has given its blessing for mobile phone masts to be erected in two of its church towers in Yorkshire - just as long as they're not used to transmit porn.
- Success of all this depends on the approval and blessings of the prominent religious leaders and institutions.
- Their friends had gone positively nuts at it and all pledged blessings and support.
- Jones said although her bandmates at Request were sad to see her go, they gave her their blessings and support.
- English Heritage said it could only give its blessing to the demolition plan, if it was proven there was no market for the grade II listed building by putting it up for sale.
- The plan has received the blessing of Trade and Industry Secretary Patricia Hewitt.
- John Paul is one of the Woodfield area candidates taking part in the mayoral event and he will give his blessings to all who support this venture.
1.3femenino bendiciónfemenino consagración
2(fortunate thing)bendición (del cielo) femeninoto be a mixed blessing — tener sus pros y sus contras
- These are blessings for which I am grateful every day.
- You give and you take, which is not always that easy or that natural, and having a life where you have to give and have to take is a blessing among all your blessings.
- Halting this form of extinction will be a blessing to creation, and hopefully a blessing to you.
- However, ultimately we have to recognize that earnings from business are also a Divine blessing, and not just the fruits of luck or of our own cleverness.
- There's also the blessings of a regular prayer time and the habit of prayerful Scripture reading.
- Since they do not know how to handle this blessing it is no longer a blessing for them; it is actually a curse!
- They were easier to use, they had sticky tape instead of safety pins and - blessing of blessings - you could just throw them away when they became soiled.
- The political and economic system achieved a high degree of legitimacy, bringing together classes in support of the blessings of the British constitution and a free trade economy.
- Falkirk's big home support are a marvellous blessing, but occasionally a curse.
- The birth of a child is considered a divine blessing.
- One of the great blessings of our time is the symphony of spiritual possibilities available to the seeker.
- Peace grows when the graces of God and the blessings of Earth are not considered possessions to be protected but divine gifts intended for all.
- He and Ronny spoke many times about their desire for people everywhere to have the benefit and the blessings of freedom.
- The blessings of religion can be ours only when we are ready to live its recommended values.
- I DO agree with Roger Perry that we live in a beautiful world and that we have many blessings to be grateful for.
- Thus the child whom the parents consider unwanted may be a blessing to the family religiously and economically.
- But the warmth is a blessing and a boon for aching backs after a day of off-road trials.
- These natural blessings supported Cambodia's ancient culture, the glorious vestiges of which can still be clearly seen in the ruins at Angkor Wat.
- In doing so, they are depriving themselves of the numerous blessings and rewards of fasting.
- In his presence at last, I felt overwhelmed with gratitude that not only was I given the blessing of meeting him, but that a pure spirit of love connected us.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.