In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1callejón sin salida masculino
- One civilian, Scarlett Ray Dodd, armed with an M1 Carbine, led them into a blind alley behind the Mennonite Church and dispatched of the entire mob.
- So I was led down blind alleys beneath high upturned eaves, through circular gateways and past piles of drying chillies.
- One hour later, the car was cornered in a blind alley off Jinjing Lu and Jujin Lu and two knives and one hammer were found with the kidnapper.
- Deco, Figo and Ronaldo kept being ushered down blind alleys where ambushes awaited.
- A signboard proclaiming Question Papers Unlimited has sprung up on top of a non-descript building in a blind alley.
- The nearby Jdeide Christian quarter - all narrow lanes, arched blind alleys and enigmatic mansions, and beits with elaborate doors - is predominantly Armenian.
- To the north and south, the reef is split by sandy ravines and long swimthroughs leading into cavelets, blind alleys and tiny passages.
- In contrast, for many executive function tasks, the use of goals must be inferred from performance (e.g., the number of blind alleys entered on a maze task).
- Hidden away in a blind alley is a video installation by Susan Norrie.
- I took several blind alleys whilst attempting to follow the 18th century street plan.
- Finally, with a magnificent sense of the dramatic, we were pinioned by headlights against a wall in a blind alley.
- Traditional mazes have a way of getting in and out - they have lots of blind alleys, but the basic premise is that eventually a way out can be found.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.