In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lución masculinoserpiente de cristal femenino
- It is curious that in places where blindworms are often seen their innocuous nature should not be generally known.
- The blindworm, that legless lizard, flows along the porch step calm and majestic as an anaconda, only the size is different.
- In truth the blindworm is perfectly harmless and quite safe to handle.
- The closed quarries are a paradise for thermophile animals: blindworms and lizards are to be found in large populations here.
- Working together to imagine what hedgehogs, newts, and blindworms look like, the children can then create movements and sounds for each creature.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.