In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guerra relámpago femeninoblitzkrieg masculino
- The idea of lightning strikes, blitzkriegs, and selective engagement per se is nothing new, going way back into military history.
- Another aspect of the centralized Soviet leadership was the role of partisan warfare in defeating the blitzkrieg.
- The Germans attacked in the best blitzkrieg style, armour supported by aircraft.
- During World War II, the German blitzkrieg demonstrated a major change in the conduct of warfare.
- The assault was a blitzkrieg attack made possible by months of planning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.