1bloque masculinothe Western Bloc — el bloque occidental
- Let me add two of my many college encounters with regard to the Soviet Union and the communist bloc.
- Eighteen political parties and five electoral blocs are running.
- It is depressing to see how people mostly voted in racial blocs.
- If it votes as a bloc, it will be capable of imposing its concept of the good society on all the other groups.
- Arithmetically nothing's happened - five seats lost here, six gained there, but the great blocs of party power are still intact.
- Parties and electoral blocs were free to organize, with few exceptions, and a large number managed to register.
- The Second World War began with Germany's attack on Poland in 1939 and ended with the continent's division into two hostile blocs.
- Individual member states were also in other, competing political and economic blocs, which made integration no easier.
- They are almost certain to end up with strong parliamentary blocs.
- The centre of gravity in Europe is shifting decisively east, to where new blocs and alliances are already forming.
- We really do seem to have two voting blocs here that are basically stuck in concrete and are going to go, it looks like, right up to the wire that way.
- They say that trade blocs provide benefits to their members, so they want you to reason that if we didn't join, we would be adversely affected.
- It's too soon to call this a party or a bloc, but it is now a visible group with true independence and popular status.
- If so, then the freer we remain the less we need to worry about losing ground in the long run to nations and blocs of nations that aren't as free.
- It is to be expected that each of the world's blocs have their own interests and will try to protect them.
- Yet because they maintain a crucial majority if voting as a bloc they can help dictate the eventual appointee.
- The parliamentary members tended to coalesce in blocs, which were alliances in support of particular philosophies.
- The major blocs in French politics each valorizes a collectivity: the nation, the class, the race.
- Or do we want them to emerge as resentful rivals in a world permanently divided into hostile trading blocs?
- But at present there are huge ‘imbalances’ between the world's main economic blocs.