In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Although the language is not replicated across the blogosphere and in the print media, the sentiments are the same.
- It's a nice little feedback loop, creating a two way street between mainstream media and the blogosphere.
- One of his thoughts is that we may see the mainstream media start mining the blogosphere fairly soon.
- You can't become a part of the blogosphere simply by calling a wire a blog.
- Remember this the next time the establishment media dismisses the blogosphere.
- Notice the synergy of information and the ease by which information propagates throughout the blogosphere.
- It's also been good actually meeting some of the great people from the blogosphere.
- It's made the blogosphere an invaluable tool for holding the mainstream media's feet to the fire.
- Frank would like to announce that he is the funniest person in the blogosphere.
- If you want to get on the right side of the blogosphere, treat bloggers with respect.
- I suspect that these people have no real understanding of blogging or the blogosphere at all.
- She doesn't like the sensationalism of either the mainstream media or the blogosphere.
- Why does it consume the media and the blogosphere in a way that real scandals don't?
- The papers virtually ignored the event and even the blogosphere couldn't wind itself up into much indignation this time.
- In other words, in appears the blogosphere is doubling in size every five months.
- How can we categorise the blogosphere and where do common generalisations fall down or turn into misconceptions?
- You can, as one blogger confides, be a vixen in the blogosphere but a wallflower in person.
- Communities in the blogosphere are fuzzier affairs with borders that shift as people come and go.
- His attitude, moreover, has bordered on the contemptuous; and the blogosphere has chewed him up and spat him out.
- In the blogosphere one could argue that such metrics are easily gathered by server stats, but that's really not true.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.