In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(entre familias) enemistad mortal femenino
- The war then became a blood feud and the death of Longshanks in 1307 gave Bruce the initiative.
- However, if two families are experiencing a blood feud, they may settle their agreement through a marriage alliance.
- The rights and obligations surrounding the concept of honor have often led to the blood feud, which frequently lasts for generations.
- Who could have foreseen the blood feud that would persist to this day.
- Here, the tale of a long blood feud between two families is transported to Brazil, but the resonant thematic material would work anywhere.
- Certainly, a case that would have to jump out at us as the quintessential blood feud in the West would be the Lincoln County war of 1878-81.
- Before Ali can win his princess, there's a war followed by a blood feud to overcome.
- These disputes quickly became outright battles and soon a blood feud began between then two countries.
- In Wales the gentry seem to have discarded the blood feud along with other elements of Celtic culture.
- The Secretary of State notes that you claim that your father approached village elders with a request that they mediate in the blood feud in which your family is involved.
- As might be imagined, this seeking of justice would often escalate into a private vendetta and eventually into a blood feud between families or tribes.
- His family is involved in a blood feud that takes place on Iceland.
- Her family did battle with the, a vicious blood feud that lasted a decade.
- I think they have been killed due to a blood feud, which happen in the north.
- The tragic tale of two star-crossed lovers in 14 th-century Verona, their romance doomed by the longstanding blood feud between their respective families.
- A blood feud had been occurring between the two races for thousands of years.
- ‘We are sorry about what happened,’ he says, but argues that the deaths were the result of a decades-long blood feud between the families.
- They had been denied betrothal to each other by their fathers and by the tradition of their clans for there was a blood feud between their two great families.
- And now he's left the Cowboys for the Redskins, who have been engaged in a decades-long blood feud with each other.
- But you must use discretion if you wish to survive your blood feud.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.