In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1naranja sanguina femeninonaranja de sangre femenino
- A seasonal blood orange jelly with tiny triangles of orange flesh came quivering to the table with a satiny-smooth orange blossom ice cream just beginning to melt on top.
- One type of citrus gaining popularity is the blood orange.
- Next layer thinly sliced avocado on top, followed by supremed slices of blood orange.
- And their frozen margaritas - ever-changing offerings that have included flavors such as blood orange and mango - are definitely sophisticated, if not traditional.
- I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.
- This is a late-ripening blood orange from Spain.
- In a separate bowl, combine the blood orange marmalade, blood orange segments, and blood orange zest and toss to coat.
- The food is now amazing especially for bar food - I had the salad of confit duck with blood orange and rocket which was really delicious.
- Place the grapefruit, blood orange, and orange segments in a large, shallow bowl and pour the jelly on top.
- The salmon was prepared in a marinade of Sicilian blood orange and passion fruit, with a healthy dose of ginger, and sat atop a cold sweet potato purée.
- Chocolate orange truffle: Hot chocolate swirled with orange vodka and Grand Marnier, garnished with a chocolate-dipped blood orange.
- The appetizer was promising, featuring crab and sea urchin and avocado and blood orange.
- In a small bowl, place two tangerine segments and one blood orange segment.
- A blood orange mojito is fresh tasting and herbal, and the splash of acidity makes it an affable partner to the food.
- To assemble the blood orange slices, arrange the orange rinds on a sheet pan.
- For the blood orange soup, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until dissolved and set aside.
- This is a delicious pound cake glazed with a blood orange glaze.
- Danny had blood orange carpaccio with pomegranate granite and lime and that was very refreshing too.
- In a bowl, combine the grapefruit, blood orange, lemon, lime, and tangerine segments.
- Whatever it is, I'm eating a delicious mix of blood orange and passion fruit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.