In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tensión (arterial) femeninopresión (arterial) femeninoto have high/low blood pressure — tener la tensión / presión alta/baja
- her blood pressure has risen/fallen — le ha subido/bajado la tensión / presión
- to take sb's blood pressure — tomarle la tensión / presión a algn
- This is more common in people with low blood pressure, teenagers, and pregnant women.
- The most common causes of kidney failure are diabetes and high blood pressure.
- One arm of this connector allows continuous monitoring of arterial blood pressure.
- Six studies reported the number of patients whose blood pressure was controlled at follow up.
- During a night spent on a cardiac ward, the pulse and blood pressure are closely monitored.
- Low blood pressure and irregular heartbeat are the most significant side effects.
- The close relation between heart rate and blood pressure gives reason for a joint assessment.
- The doctor may check your blood pressure and pulse rate, to see if there is anything abnormal.
- Obesity is a risk factor for heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis and diabetes.
- We agree that this is necessary when performing a study to measure blood pressure.
- We found a high rate of inadequately controlled blood pressure in patients in both groups.
- The score is derived from people with blood pressure sufficiently raised to be included in a trial.
- Waking up in the morning puts a strain on the heart because of a surge in blood pressure and heart rate.
- Six monthly review is probably sufficient when treatment and blood pressure are stable.
- Many women do not realise why they are having their blood pressure measured.
- It can be used to reduce fatigue by raising the heart rate and blood pressure.
- Noise can also cause stress, high blood pressure, fatigue, loss of sleep and anxiety.
- There are usually no symptoms of high blood pressure, so you may not be aware you have it.
- The looming difficulties over the measurement of blood pressure have been clear for some years.
- Reflexes may be tested with a reflex hammer, and blood pressure may be measured.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.