In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pariente de sangre femenino
- Females are never allowed to have physical contact with a man who is not their husband or a blood relative.
- Under Scots law, a blood relative - no matter how distant they are - would come higher up in the pecking order when the estate was distributed than a ‘live-in lover’ where there is no will.
- Even though he was a blood relative, we've given him a really hard time over the years.
- Danny hadn't been a blood relative, but he'd still been his brother.
- I know that I am not a blood relative of A but he means a lot to me.
- Military regulations do not permit leave unless the person is a blood relative.
- Well, Trent's not my blood relative either, but he and I are like brothers.
- While Erin was in no way a blood relation of mine, I loved her like my own mother.
- Christopher isn't a blood relative of Tony's, but rather an in-law.
- Anyone who has grown up in a troubled family will know that in reality the above qualities do not apply simply on the basis of someone being your blood relative.
- After all, Arthur's own father - his closest blood relative - has not been part of his family for years.
- Because I'm a blood relation, there was a better chance of my kidney being a good match than Kenny's.
- In principle, one should not marry a blood relative, but in small communities marriages between kin more distantly related than first cousins are common.
- The major risk factors for kidney disease include diabetes, high blood pressure or a blood relative with the disease.
- Which do you think is the blood relative and which the relation because of marriage?
- He is not actually a blood relative but part of a large group of ‘family’ members that consist of my mum and dad's friends.
- Otherwise, the nearest blood relative has more rights than a surviving partner.
- A blood relative is buried next to Thomas Jefferson.
- The alternate sponsor does not have to be a blood relation.
- Even though he is not your blood relative, since your parents are married, you two are family and will always be in each other's lives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.