In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derramamiento de sangre masculino
- My head is spinning wildly with images of bloodshed and violence.
- It has become synonymous over the years with bloodshed and murder.
- He criticised martial law but warned of bloodshed and civil war, counselling patience rather than defiance.
- If a party in power governs badly, it should be possible to remove it without bloodshed.
- Charle though has decided to call it a day, the endless violence and bloodshed has become too much.
- Fresh troops arrived in the city throughout the day, triggering fears of further bloodshed.
- Violence is rare but once started often escalates quickly to bloodshed and serious injury.
- In many parts of the world it often leads to violent confrontation and much bloodshed.
- How much he strong to do as much as possible to stop the continuity of bloodshed.
- The bloodshed has sparked fears that the violence could worsen ahead of the elections.
- After all, life is all about sharing and caring and not violence and bloodshed.
- People are pretty fed up with this fear and this intimidation, and the straight out bloodshed.
- Ignoring his instincts, Hopkins then rides away as the slaughter and bloodshed begins.
- The local people, he said, were more firm in their resolution to end violence and bloodshed.
- I just ran off in the opposite direction, desperate to get away from the battle and bloodshed as fast as I could.
- It will also echo back through 2,500 years of bloodshed justified by the sway of good over evil.
- As tragic as the violence up to now has been, even more tragic is the fact that murder and bloodshed continue.
- Martial law was imposed to avoid bloodshed as rebels battled with police and the military.
- Who acts on the principle that violence, force and the threat of bloodshed are worthy tools of diplomacy?
- The voting took place against a backdrop of bloodshed, with at least 44 people killed by suicide bombs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.