In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Blu-Tack masculino marca registrada
- We had posters displayed on most estates, taped or stuck up with Blu-Tack, and they stayed up.
- Blu-Tack, which kept the posters from falling off my walls in college, is not just a handy tool, it's an art medium.
- The Care Quality Commission stressed that it has not banned magazines from waiting rooms, or set any rules about Blu-Tack.
- So I put some Blu-Tack and my little mini camera in my pocket and we stuck his pictures up underneath all these great big works of art.
- When asked about their extra gear they consider necessary to be professional landscape photographers, two said a tripod and the third wanted Blu-Tack to keep his filters in place and a notebook and pen!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.