In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tiburón azul masculino
- However, in the last three decades, the blue shark has been the most frequently seen and caught large shark off the south shore of Long Island.
- The tope is closely related to the blue shark and shares many of the features of this fish.
- It is estimated that tens of millions of sharks are killed this way each year, particularly blacktip, silky and blue sharks, caught on tuna gear.
- It was a blue shark, around two metres long, and showed no interest in the divers or the fish.
- I have even used them for catching big blue sharks weighing over a hundred pounds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.