In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A crisp spinach salad or sweet blueberries right out of the crate are perfect, she says.
- In the morning I'll wake up and read and, in about an hour, I have some blueberries, cantaloupe melon, pears or maybe some cereal with soya milk.
- Sweet cherries, blueberries, and strawberries also contain anthocyanins.
- For recovery, he mixes his own smoothies with soy milk, frozen blueberries, bananas, and strawberries.
- Throw in blueberries, peaches, apples, raisins, figs, whatever you can cook.
- Fruits that have been singled out for particular anti-cancer properties include all types of berries such as blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.
- You could also add raspberries, loganberries, blueberries, tayberries and blackberries.
- Sweet wild blueberries are bursting with antioxidants, which mop up nasty free radicals.
- Also eating lots of healthy fruit - pink grapefruit, blueberries, strawberries, cherries, etc.
- For years, breakfast for me has been a smoothie made with an apple, a banana, blueberries and rice or soy milk.
- You can pick your own blueberries without growing them.
- They canned lobsters, and also blueberries, which grow well in this area.
- One could certainly prepare a tasty dinner from salmon, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and blueberries.
- Mandarin oranges, blueberries, sliced mango or apple are other fruit choices that would work well.
- There is simply no way I'm giving up apples or peaches or blueberries forever.
- Her rolls and pies were only made with the freshest and sweetest blueberries available to her at any time, whenever she made them.
- Plums are the stars here as are blueberries, bilberries and blackberries.
- If you can't find fresh berries, frozen blueberries work well too.
- Stuff your cooler with fruit in all the shades of a crayon box: strawberries, blueberries, oranges, kiwis, melons and avocados.
- I have just finished cleaning up blueberries and apple sauce off the carpet in his room.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.