In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1juego de mesa masculino
- A colleague who once said that chess was only a board game earned the brisk retort that, no, chess was an art form.
- You feel as if you've actually entered a board game or a Hollywood set.
- The same elements that make for a good board game make for a good computer game, with really only minor variation.
- What happens within them conforms to a closed system of rules, as in a board game - or a round of dominoes.
- Do homework or bake pumpkin muffins or take a walk or play a board game.
- What bits of the film don't involve running usually feature people playing a board game.
- Despite feeling poorly, the photogenic schoolgirl manages a broad smile as she snuggles on the sofa with her favourite board game.
- This gives it a unique character, more akin to a board game such as chess than to a normal card game.
- The cornerstone of the Korean board gaming scene is the board game cafe.
- It's a board game from 1966 about what careers girls can have when they grow up!
- We reflected on their sad evening, as we enjoyed our board game.
- Is it necessary to eradicate the drinking culture altogether, so we all stay in with a good book or maybe a board game if it's your birthday?
- I've never won a board game, and have only won a game of cards once.
- Children and adults both play a game called bao, a board game played widely throughout Africa.
- You're working harder to destroy a fictional board game than you are to end the actual dope game.
- Yoga classes are held every Monday night but anyone not interested in yoga can have a chat or try their luck at a board game.
- Chess, a board game, was leading and competing with all these other stories.
- Two guards sat at the end of the hallway, involved in a board game.
- This board game, it is hoped, will spread the message that intake of vegetables is necessary for a healthy and balanced diet.
- On the off chance I decide to try something new and purchase a board game, which one should I purchase?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.