In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lince rojo masculino
- This 137,400-acre expanse supports prairie dogs, coyotes, foxes, black bears, mountain lions, bobcats, elk, mule deer, and over 200 kinds of birds.
- Since 1994 the zoo has been housing and sometimes breeding the American bobcat, a close relative of the lynx.
- Large felines like the bobcat and lynx don't have this physical feature, but the cougar does.
- There's a wolf, a coyote, a bobcat and a puma sleeping right next to us - what are they doing sleeping together?
- Although rarely seen, mountain lions and bobcats periodically cross the canyon.
- And neither the feces of bobcats nor the urine of foxes, coyotes, and bobcats discouraged voles from attacking seedlings.
- Coyotes, foxes, bears, mountain lions, and bobcats all prey on livestock.
- Visitors will especially enjoy Eagle Canyon, with its streams, mountain lions, bobcats, Mexican wolves, and golden eagles.
- A manitou could take the form of a bison, bear, wolf, mountain lion, bobcat, deer, bird, or some other animal.
- Clearly, bobcats could survive hunting pressures better than margays and ocelots.
- It's home to at least 300 vascular plants, 30 types of cacti and 249 vertebrate species, including mountain lions, bobcats and weasels.
- He has seen golden eagles, bobcats and even mountain lion tracks on the course.
- Trackers were brought in to hunt for the animal after several sets of tracks, far too large for native bobcats or mountain lions, were found on a ranch not far from the hilltop library.
- North American river otters are sometimes taken by bobcats, coyotes, birds of prey, alligators, and other large predators.
- As a cash crop, cattle encouraged ranchers to practise ruthless predator control, killing bears, bobcats and mountain lions.
- A bobcat is another wild cat, about half the size of a cougar, with a stubby tail rather than a long one.
- The Cascade range is full of bobcats and mountain lions and things.
- To compound matters, expanding human populations have forced out - and hunted or trapped out - deer predators such as wolves, mountain lions, and bobcats.
- Black bears, grizzly bears, mountain lions, bobcats, and wolves have been effectively removed from most U.S. farming areas, leaving coyotes as the top livestock predators.
- Jackrabbits may live to be six to eight years old; however, they are regularly hunted by large birds of prey such as eagles and hawks, foxes, bobcats, coyotes, badgers, weasels, and humans.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.