In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1biblioteca femeninoestantería femeninolibrería femenino Españalibrero masculino México
- As I was searching through my bookcase for poetry books to see if I can glean some ideas another book toppled off the shelf.
- Disappointed and confused, Rubar tossed the book back into the bookcase.
- We chuckled together as she stood and reached up to the top shelf of a grand bookcase in the corner.
- The familiar shelves and looming bookcases of the library surrounded her.
- There was what appeared to be a desk, chair, filing cabinet, and bookcase.
- Many a gentleman and aristocrat have sat in the centre of these four walls and have filled their minds with information from the books on the bookcases.
- This area would make an ideal reading or relaxation spot, as there is room to fit a set of bookcases and a sofa.
- Now, the occult book section is several bookcases long and practically eats up a corner of the store.
- If possible, there should also be shelves on family bookcases that they can also browse.
- She moved her head left and saw bookcases full of old books and she turned her head the other way and she saw the same thing.
- But don't worry, on inquiry we discovered that the bookcases cannot be opened.
- The other wall was entirely taken up with a floor-to-ceiling bookcase full of books.
- The walls were covered with ceiling high wooden bookcases filled with books.
- The rear wall was lined with huge bookcases and the mammoth desk and chair before it were cleared completely.
- At the bookcase he opened the drawer and found it was filled with junk.
- Along the walls are bookcases filled with books he never knew existed.
- There were bookcases and shelves stretching across the other wall, and a massive stained old map of the old world.
- He had preserved them carefully in an old house, housing the books in 180 bookcases that went from floor to ceiling.
- These bulky albums are now spread across bookcases, cupboards, trunks, and attics.
- There are two leather black couches, lots of bookcases full with files, maps, books.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.